Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Veranstaltungen
sakura698 Offline

23.11.2019 06:57
rting Verlander and Scherzer on cons Antworten

VANCOUVER -- Wally Buono doesnt like the term "backup quarterback" when describing one of his newest acquisitions. Air Max 97 Silver Saldi . The B.C. Lions general manager and vice-president of football operations made a splash at Tuesdays CFL draft, acquiring disgruntled pivot Kevin Glenn from the Ottawa Redblacks for the fifth overall pick. The move is significant not only when taking into account Glenns past success in the CFL, but also because Lions starting quarterback Travis Lulay is coming off surgery to his throwing shoulder. "Kevin Glenn is an experienced quarterback thats won wherever hes been," Buono said on a conference call Wednesday. "Hes a guy that I think brings instant credibility (and) adds strength to (the position). "You cant win without great quarterbacking." Glenn, who spent the last two seasons with the Calgary Stampeders, was selected by Ottawa in the expansion draft to stock the leagues ninth franchise, but became available after the Redblacks signed Henry Burris to a three-year contract following his release by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. "I believe it will be a very, very good marriage. Kevin wants to be in a place where he believes hell be utilized," said Buono. "We hope Travis goes all 18 games, but if he doesnt we feel we have a guy that can step in and help us win football games." Lulay missed six games at the end of the 2013 season after damaging his labrum in September, but returned to play in the Lions West Division semifinal loss to the Saskatchewan Roughriders. "When you look at professional sports, whether its the NFL or the CFL, injuries to your quarterback is always a major issue that you have to deal with," said Buono. "To be able to acquire a quarterback of (Glenns) calibre who comes in here and makes us that much better instantly was a tremendous opportunity for us." B.C. head coach Mike Benevides said he expects Lulay to be ready when training camp opens June 1, but added that his No. 1 quarterback is still not 100 per cent. "Theres no doubt that were going to need a phase of training camp to continue the progression that hes on right now," said Benevides. "The plan is to have him work for a segment of time in practice but the first day of camp he will be participating." The Lions were in need of a capable secondary option under centre after Thomas DeMarco was selected by Ottawa in the expansion draft and Buck Pierce retired to become an assistant coach with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. The club has former NFLer John Beck on the roster, as well as Chris Hart, who was with B.C. last season but saw no playing time. Buono said the addition of Glenn will allow Lulay more time to heal if need be ahead of the Lions first regular-season game. "When you have a quarterback thats coming off a major injury, the stronger you are behind him, the less pressure you put on that quarterback ... to speed up the process," said Buono. "We want this to be a natural progression where (Lulay) follows the medical protocol, which hes doing. Having Kevin here not only gives Mike and I confidence, but I think it gives everybody in the organization, everybody that supports the B.C. Lions confidence that come June 28 we will have a very good football team and well have two very good experienced quarterbacks to lead us." Glenn said after Tuesdays trade that he was excited for a fresh start with the Lions. The 34-year-old guided Calgary to a Grey Cup berth in 2012 and a CFL-best 14-4 record last year before getting scooped up by the Redblacks. "To be honest I didnt know if anything would actually happen," said Glenn, who wanted out of Ottawa after the team signed Burris. "To give up a first-round draft pick shows a team really wants you. "Thats what I was kind of excited about." The Lions won the Grey Cup at B.C. Place Stadium back in 2011 and are hosting the big game again in November, but Buono stressed the move for Glenn isnt a move with that showcase in mind, but rather about getting the best possible product on the field at key times. "The last two years, weve had good teams and we have not won a playoff game," said Buono. "Thats just the reality of our business, whether its football or any other sport. Winning in the playoffs is critical. Winning the big game is critical." "Theres different stages of the season. You want to win in the regular season, you want to put yourself in the playoffs to win, and then you want to put yourself in position to win the Grey Cup. You cant win the Grey Cup unless you win in the playoffs, so were building a team to hopefully do both." Notes: The Lions made a couple of roster moves on Wednesday, releasing quarterback Jarrett Lee and signing four import defensive backs, including former NFL cornerback Brandon McDonald, who played 80 games over six seasons with Cleveland, Detroit and Tampa Bay. ... After trading out of the first round to get Glenn on Tuesday, the Lions chose offensive lineman T-Dre Player out of Northwestern State with the 12th pick. B.C. followed that up but taking Laval fullback Pascal Lochard (14th overall), Simon Fraser linebacker Casey Chin (27th overall), Montreal defensive lineman David Menard (32nd overall), Bishops wide receiver Alexander Fox (41st overall), Simon Fraser defensive lineman Dylan Roper (50th overall) and Laval running back Guillaume Bourassa (59th overall). Air Max 270 React Italia . Jones, from Winnipeg, built a 3-0 advantage after three ends by scoring two in the second and one in the third. Chinas skip Bingyu Wang cut that lead to 3-1 in the fourth before Canada added another three in the fifth for a 6-1 lead. Air Max 270 Uomo Miglior Prezzo . Though the 26-year-old said he was able to participate, coach Dwane Casey kept Johnson out as a precaution. http://www.airmaxscarpescontate.it/scarpe-air-max-98-prezzo-basso.html . In the opening game of his fourth-round match at the U.S. Open, the owner of 17 major titles got passed at the net twice, sailed a backhand long, then missed two forehands to get broken. CHICAGO -- Max Scherzer wasnt at his best Wednesday. But it was more than enough to beat the White Sox. Scherzer threw six scoreless innings and the Detroit Tigers beat the Chicago White Sox 5-1 to finish a two-game sweep. Scherzer (3-1) won his third straight start, allowing four hits while striking out seven to become the first pitcher in team history with at least seven strikeouts in each of his first six starts. He also became the first in the majors to do it since Tim Lincecum began the 2010 season with at least six strikeouts in his first seven starts. But it was the three walks and 105 pitches that gnawed at the reigning AL Cy Young Award winner. "They fought me all the way through the whole at-bat," Scherzer said. "I just thought I could have been a little more efficient so I could have pitched deeper into the game." Scherzer beat the White Sox for the second straight time, following up his April 24 win when he went six innings and allowed two runs in a 7-4 victory. He also helped Tigers win for the fourth time in five games, and shut down the powerful White Sox offence for the second straight day. "Yeah, we missed out on a couple of opportunities today and yesterday too, but those guys are pretty good pitchers and have been for a while," White Sox catcher Tyler Flowers said. "They do some good things in those situations and get the job done. We just have to find a way to battle through on some of those and get some runs across." On Tuesday, Justin Verlander and two relievers held the White Sox to seven hits in a 4-3 Detroit win. Scherzer and the Tigers continued that Wednesday against a team that started the day first in the American League in runs and second in home runs and slugging, coming within one out of a shutout. "Theres 29 other managers that would like to be able to do that," Detroits Brad Ausmus said of starting Verlander and Scherzer on consecutive days. Chicagos Robin Ventura is certainly one of those managers. As with Flowers, he heaped praise on Scherzer. "Hes great, hes always tough. You get some guys on, you get opportunities and thats when ggood pitchers really show their stuff. Air Max 97 Uomo Saldi. He did that today," Ventura said. "We at least got him a high pitch count and he couldnt get eight or nine innings. But, hes just tough." The Tigers got all the runs they needed in a four-run fourth, when Detroit scored four times against Hector Noesi (0-2). Bryan Holaday capped the rally with a two-run double. Noesi, making a spot start for Chicago, went 3 2-3 innings, allowing four runs and five hits. He breezed through the first three innings, but ran into trouble in the fourth in his first start of the season. "We dont know much about the guy, and I dont think he has been extended that far so it may have been a combination of the hitters getting a chance to see him a few times and also maybe because he hadnt been as deep into a game this year," Ausmus said. "He could have been getting a little tired as well." The White Sox challenged Scherzer as well, but left seven runners on against the Tigers righty. "Im very cognizant of what theyre able to do and always willing to give them credit," Scherzer said. "Today I thought they did a good job of battling me but when push came to shove I thought I was better." NOTES: The Tigers announced that left-hander Robbie Ray will make his major-league debut Tuesday in Detroit against the Astros. Ray, 22, was acquired this off-season from the Nationals as part of the trade that sent starter Doug Fister to Washington, and will start in place of injured starter Anibal Sanchez. Sanchez is on the disabled list with a laceration on his right middle finger and threw from flat ground prior to Wednesdays game. . C Alex Avila missed his second straight game with back spasms. . Robin Ventura said LHP Chris Sale is "feeling better" but a rehab start is a possibility if his recovery continues to be extended. Sale has been on the disabled list since April 22 -- retroactive to April 18 -- with a flexor muscle strain in his left arm. Ventura also said RHP Felipe Paulino (right rotator cuff inflammation) will have a rehab assignment coming up "pretty soon." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz