Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 31 mal aufgerufen
 Veranstaltungen
sakura698 Offline

29.11.2019 03:26
d coach in 2009 when the Lions were comin Antworten

TORONTO -- Toronto Argonauts owner David Braley has people kicking the tires of the franchise he hopes to sell, but his top priority is securing the team a lease at BMO Field. Soccer Jerseys 2020 . The Argos and B.C. Lions -- the CFL teams Braley owns -- have been for sale since last September when the 73-year-old Hamilton businessman stated hed sell one or both by his 75th birthday. Braley said Tuesday he has several potential suitors for the Lions but refuted a Toronto Star headline stating he had multiple offers for the Argos. I dont have multiple offers, Braley said in a telephone interview. Ive had multiple people approach me, thats the truth. Its now three but thats beside the point. Braley wouldnt say if Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment -- which owns the NHLs Maple Leafs, NBAs Raptors and Toronto FC of Major League Soccer and also operates BMO Field -- was one of the parties interested in the Argos. But Braley was adamant his top priority is reaching a lease agreement with MLSE for BMO Field. Thats the first step in the process, Braley said. I would say thats not out of the question . . . I believe theres a very good chance well get this thing sorted out. Then the second step is are they (MLSE) interested in buying it? Thats a separate issue. Time is of the essence. The Argos lease at Rogers Centre expires after the 2017 season. MLSE has proposed a $120-million renovation of BMO Field, with the first phase expected to be completed in time for next summers Pan-Am Games. The opening part of the project went ahead without $10-million funding commitments from both the provincial or federal governments, resulting in the third and final phase -- which included the installation of a playing surface capable of accommodating a CFL franchise -- being placed on the back burner. CFL commissioner Mark Cohon expects the Argos and MLSE to resume talks in the coming weeks. Should either the provincial or federal governments not commit financially to the BMO Field expansion, Cohon said the league will look at how it could raise the $10-$20 million needed to ensure the third phase went ahead. I think whats most important is we come up with the right lease agreement that works for MLSE as the operator of BMO Field but also works for the future of the Argos and can make them a profitable franchise, Cohon said. Then the next phase after that would be the discussion around other incremental areas we can support BMO Field. The important thing is for our fans and partners to know theres a solution at hand and were trying to work through that. If we can get them in there it makes the team a lot more attractive for a future purchaser. Thats what were focused on. A move to BMO Field would seem the most practical and logical for the Argos. The facility is outdoors, permanent seating would be increased to 30,000 -- and could expand to 40,000 for special events -- with parking and transit nearby. It would provide a more fan-friendly and intimate atmosphere than the cavernous Rogers Centre, which can hold over 50,000 spectators for football. More than 53,000 fans watched Toronto beat Calgary 35-22 there for the 100th Grey Cup in November 2012. But the momentum from that event has never translated into bigger home crowds for the Argos, who are averaging 17,562 spectators per game this year. After finishing first in the East Division last year, Toronto (3-8) has struggled yet remains tied with Hamilton (3-7) and Montreal (3-8) atop the conference standings. Braley, who bought the Argos in 2010, has been criticized this year for being an absentee owner and running the Argos on a tight budget. Players anonymously expressed their frustration having to practise at multiple venues this summer before moving into a permanent facility at Downsview Park late last month in a multi-year partnership with MLSE. In the front office, Toronto is currently without a head of ticket sales, director of corporate sales and a marketing director. Braley admits hes been bothered by the criticism hes faced. I guess a little bit but I have to take the blame, Im the owner, he said. But I have no intention of throwing the keys on the table. Im making sure its supported properly, theres been no shortage of funds. Its an embarrassment we were almost three-to-four weeks late getting into our new quarters, that caused aggravation among people and I apologize. But we spent a considerable amount of money putting absolutely new facilities in place for the team to practise. Braley still intends to sell one -- or both -- of his teams come his 75th birthday. He says he has several buyers in place for the Lions franchise, which he bought in 97. Those discussions will proceed after the end of the season, he said. Well see how real they are for sale now, one year from now or down the road. Thats just the normal process. I have multiple people, the question is to pick the best one for the team and for the league. Thats the tough part. Soccer Jerseys Online .C. -- Kurt Busch put his chances at "70 per cent" at running the Indianapolis 500 this year because of recent developments that have pushed a potential program along. Authentic Soccer Jerseys . Chief prosecutor Gerrie Nel also accused Pistorius of tailoring his testimony to fit the evidence at the scene. Pistorius denied the accusations. Nel alleged that the Olympic runner changed his aim with his 9 mm pistol to ensure that he hit Steenkamp as she fell back against a magazine rack in a toilet cubicle. https://www.cheapsoccerjerseysjustwholesale.com/ . If Vettel wins at Suzuka on Sunday, and his nearest rival Fernando Alonso finishes worse than eighth, the German driver will join his compatriot Michael Schumacher and Argentine Juan-Manuel Fangio as the only men to win four consecutive titles.ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Jim Schwartzs emotions have gotten the best of him at least a few times publicly as coach of the Detroit Lions. The latest example happened in what might be the last time he leads the Lions at home. When Detroit ran the ball instead of having turnover-prone Matthew Stafford throw late in regulation of Sundays 23-20 overtime loss to the New York Giants, the crowd reacted with a loud chorus of boos. Schwartz responded by looking away from the field and toward the stands to shout something. "I probably should have done just what I did at the end of the second quarter and just kept it in my mind," Schwartz said Monday. The previous day at his postgame news conference, the embattled coach insisted he wasnt responding to the fans who voiced their displeasure with the decision to play for overtime. Detroit had the ball at its 25 with 23 seconds and two timeouts left, needing to gain about 40 yards to give David Akers a legitimate shot to attempt a winning kick. The Lions ran it once and let the clock run out in regulation, leading to perhaps a predictable response from a crowd that has endured a lot of losing and lost opportunities by the hapless franchise. But it was unusual to see an NFL coach shout back at jeering fans. "I just wanted to say, Dont you know what the situation is and the risk reward of doing something other than what we did right there?" Schwartz explained. Schwartzs temper has flared up in the past for everyone to see. He negated a video review and was called for unsportsmanlike conduct by angrily throwing a challenge flag last season when Houstons Justin Forsett scored after two Lions tackled him, leading to a defeat during an eight-game, season-ending slide. The previous year, Schwartz had a heated exchange with San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh and had to be separated following theirr postgame handshake. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys. Losing, though, is what may get Schwartz fired. The Lions eliminated themselves from the NFC North title race by losing five of their last six games -- blowing fourth-quarter lead in each of those setbacks -- after a 6-3 record put them in a favourable position. If Detroit (7-8) won one more game, it would be closing the regular season at Minnesota (4-10-1) with a chance to earn its first division title since 1993 because both Green Bay and Chicago lost on Sunday. "That made it even tougher to swallow for sure," Schwartz said. Schwartz got his first shot to be a head coach in 2009 when the Lions were coming off the NFLs first 0-16 season. The Lions improved in each of his first three seasons, including in 2011 when they ended the franchises 11-year post-season drought. They flopped to a 4-12 record last year and are falling apart again this season. "Weve come up short the last two years," Schwartz acknowledged. Schwartz is 29-50 overall and his .367 winning percentage is the worst by an NFL coach in his first five full seasons since John McKay won fewer than 30 per cent of his games with the expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1976-1980, according to STATS. "I know where we were when I took over and I know where we are right now," he said. "Were still working. Were still battling. We still have another game to play this year." NOTES: Schwartz said WR Calvin Johnson, slowed by knee and ankle injuries, wont be kept out against the Vikings unless theres a medical reason to put him on the inactive list for the game. ... TE Dorin Dickerson and CB Bill Bentley will be evaluated this week after getting concussions against the Giants. .. Schwartz said Dickerson didnt report his concussion to the team during the game and said Bentley was briefly unconscious. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz