Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Veranstaltungen
sakura698 Offline

31.12.2019 04:08
ngs. The right-hander allowed four hits and w Antworten

WINNIPEG -- The Winnipeg Jets put together what looked like their best game of the season in a victory over the Detroit Red Wings this week. Pete Peeters Jersey . But now they hope to do it again Wednesday against Chicago -- one of the best teams in the NHL -- to show theyre on the right path. "Weve played one good game," coach Claude Noel said Tuesday. "We need to prove (to) ourselves that we can become more consistent and try to get ourselves to play another good 60 minutes." The Jets beat the Red Wings 4-2 on Monday night. Noel saw some good signs from his young team in the victory. "We wanted to control the neutral zone a little better against Detroit," he said. "We wanted to clog up the middle of the ice. I thought we managed to do that well. "I thought that our breakouts were good from our goal-line and I thought that we were able to get way better dumps and allow us to get on the forecheck." The result was a badly needed two points for the Jets (6-8-2), who have been stuck near the bottom of the Western Conference standings. It was also satisfying for their coach and fans to see a consistent effort. "We ended up with more shots, more offensive zone play ... its not really reinventing stuff," Noel said. "Its just executing the things we talked about before. We finally put all that stuff together. Thats something weve been looking for for some time now." Winnipeg was coming off a 5-1 loss to Chicago last Saturday. "We know that we played a good 20 minutes against them," Jets forward Mark Scheifele said of the loss. "We had a good period, then we kind of got away from our game." Scheifele had two assists Monday night but also felt his defensive game was better against Detroit. That was music to Noels ears. "If he was happy with his defensive play, that would be good," said the coach. "To contribute you dont need to only contribute on the scoresheet. Its really how you play the game ... It has to be from a checking standpoint, because that is how eventually you win the game." Defensive play is something that the Jets have had trouble with in the past and injuries havent helped. They called up Zach Redmond this week from their St. Johns AHL farm team and grabbed Keaton Ellerby off waivers from the Los Angeles Kings to shore up their defence ranks. Ellerby barely had time to unpack before finding himself on the ice Monday night. "Ive only been here two days so Im still getting used to the names and faces but for the most part everybodys been very welcoming," he said after practice Tuesday. "From what I saw last night, its a fast physical team, move pucks quickly, get pucks to the net. I think that fits in well with my game." At six foot five and 221 pounds, he brings size as well as speed, although Monday night was his first game this season. The Jets also are uncertain whether Evander Kane will play in Chicago. He missed Monday nights game with an unspecified injury. Willie ORee Jersey .Y. - The New York Islanders are brimming with confidence these days, thanks to a standout goalie and a newfound winning attitude. Ed Sandford Jersey . Fans can also watch the game on the newly launched TSN GO (currently available to Bell TV and Rogers customers), which gives TSN subscribers the freedom to live stream the networks programming from their smartphones, tablets, and computers at no additional charge – just as they would watch Canadas Sports Leader on TV at home. The following week, MLS ON TSN is at BMO Field in Toronto to deliver live coverage of TFCs home opener vs. D.C. United on Saturday, March 22 at 4:30 p. https://www.cheapbruins.com/2012m-torey-krug-jersey-bruins.html . Maximilian Arnold put Wolfsburg ahead in the eighth minute, when the stationary Fallou Diagne allowed him to guide Patrick Ochs cross beyond the helpless Freiburg goalkeeper, and Ivica Olic doubled the lead three minutes later after Luiz Gustavo did well to set him up. PHILADELPHIA -- Freddy Galvis was just trying to drive the ball up the middle. Fortunately for the Philies, he did much more. Galvis hit a game-ending homer with one out in the ninth inning to lift Philadelphia to a 6-5 win over the Atlanta Braves on Saturday night. Atlanta had trailed 5-3 going into the ninth, but Andrelton Simmons hit a two-out two-run homer off Jonathan Papelbon (5-1), who blew his seventh save in 32 opportunities. Galvis, who had four hits, got Papelbon the win by connecting on a 1-0 pitch from Freddy Garcia (0-1) into the seats in right field. It was the first four-hit game for Galvis, who had been 0-for-7 since being recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley on Sept. 3. It was his fifth homer of the season. "My approach was to stay to the middle, to be on base," Galvis said. "That pitch was a hanger and I made a good swing. Thank God I hit a homer. It feels really good to hit a walkoff homer -- the best feeling." It was the second career walkoff homer for Galvis, who also connected off Reds closer Aroldis Chapman on May 19. "He just reacted to a pitch and got a hold of it, resulting in the home run without a big home-run swing," Philadelphia interim manager Ryne Sandberg said. "I think the hits leading up to the home-run swing all worked. Thats his game, for me, is staying on top of the ball and using the whole field with the line-drive stroke." Carlos Ruiz singled, doubled and drove in three runs, and Cesar Hernandez and Kevin Frandsen each had three hits for the Phillies. Freddie Freeman had two hits and two RBIs for NL East-leading Atlanta, which dropped its third straight. "We battled back and tied it but Freddy Galvis got us," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "We had opportunities but havent had that bloop single or ground ball through the middle, but well keep plugging away." Kyle Kendrick was in line for the victory before the ninth. Kendrick, who had lost a careeer-high tying four-game losing streak, retired the first six Braves before scuffling in the third inning. Bill Cowley Jersey. . Freemans two-run double staked Atlanta to a 2-0 lead. The Phillies tied it in the bottom of the inning on Ruizs two-run single. And Ruizs fifth-inning double put Philadelphia ahead 3-2. Galvis also had an RBI single in the fifth to give the Phillies a two-run advantage. Chris Johnsons sixth-inning double pulled Atlanta within 4-3, but the Phillies bullpen held Atlanta scoreless until the ninth. Justin De Fratus and Jake Diekman combined to allow one hit in two scoreless innings before turning the ball over to Papelbon. Frandsens RBI single in the eighth put the Phillies back up two runs. Kendrick matched a career high with eight strikeouts in six innings. The right-hander allowed four hits and walked three. He had been 0-4 with a 5.27 ERA in his last five starts. Braves rookie left-hander Alex Wood gave up four runs on nine hits in 4 2-3 innings. "Its very frustrating," Wood said. "Im trying to help my team clinch a pennant. Im not doing exactly what I want to do when I go out there." The Upton brothers continued to struggle for Atlanta. B.J. Upton went 0-for-4 with four strikeouts while Justin Upton was 0-for-3 with a pair of strikeouts. The Uptons have combined to go hitless in their last 27 at-bats. "At least we battled back into the game," Simmons said. "If we played any more innings, we might have won it." Notes: A day after playing in a swift 2 hours, 14 minutes on Friday night, the teams took 3 hours, 18 minutes to finish Saturdays game. . Atlanta left-handed reliever Scott Downs left after taking a Chase Utley line drive off his right hand in the sixth inning. He suffered a non-displaced right ring finger fracture. . Atlanta left-hander Paul Maholm (10-10, 4.41) faces Phillies lefty Cole Hamels (6-13, 3.50) in the finale of the three-game series at 1:35 Sunday afternoon. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz