Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Veranstaltungen
sakura698 Offline

04.01.2020 03:30
the Bayern Munich forward returned to the fold Antworten

BOSTON -- Torn rib cartilage in Game 4. Mike Mussina Jersey . A broken rib in Game 5. A separated shoulder in Game 6. Patrice Bergeron played through it all in the Stanley Cup final. And that doesnt include the collapsed lung that the Boston Bruins star learned about after skating up and down the TD Garden ice in the last game, trying in vain to keep the season going. "I dont know if theres pride," Bergeron said Tuesday. "Some people would say its stupid." He was in the hospital last Wednesday when his teammates met reporters for the final time, two days after the season ended with a 3-2 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks in the sixth game. So on Tuesday, he stood at a podium in the Bruins locker room, hands in the pockets of his pink shorts, and matter-of-factly recited his medical record. At least his legs were spared. "Its all good," Bergeron said. "Im 100 per cent (in the) lower body." The stitches sewn at the end of his right eyebrow while he sat on the bench in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the New York Rangers were gone. The red scar on his nose was still visible from the fight he had with Evgeni Malkin in Game 1 of Bostons four-game sweep of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the conference finals. His spleen checked out OK after an ambulance took him from the United Center during Game 5 of the last round in Chicago. He hadnt been diagnosed with a concussion since the fourth of his career sidelined him for six games in April. But moving on, Patrice, how about next season? No problem. Bergeron said he doesnt need surgery and should be ready for the start of training camp. "I just need," he said, "I guess, a couple weeks." Any of those injuries would have sidelined players in other sports. But Bergeron, one of the NHLs best all-around players, insists he did nothing special to help the Bruins play for their second Stanley Cup title in three years. "You put everything on the line to help your team. Thats basically what I did. Im 100 per cent confident everyone else would have done the same thing," the Bruins alternate captain said. "Theres a lot of really tough guys on our team and I dont feel like I should take all the praise." Bergeron has spent all of his nine NHL seasons with the Bruins. Without him, they likely would have been eliminated in the first round when they trailed the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-1 with less than 11 minutes left in regulation of an intense Game 7. He tied it with 51 seconds remaining in the third period, then won it with his goal at 6:05 of overtime. He scored another overtime winner in Game 3 against Pittsburgh. Then he had two goals -- and the first since his rash of injuries -- in Game 4 against Chicago. But that was the game in which the centre tore rib cartilage. Early in Game 5, he was hit in the ribs and suffered a crack on the left side. Doctors told him the only way he could play in Game 6 was to get a nerve block that would freeze the area. So he had one -- and needed other pain-killing shots during the game. Bergeron also separated his right shoulder in the first period but played the rest of the way. "I cant remember who it was from their team, but it was in the corner, trying to just battle and I was trying to protect my ribs," he said. "I fell kind of awkwardly in the boards and opened up my shoulder a bit and separated it." As the game went on, he could feel his energy fading. When it ended, he endured the tradition of shaking hands with his opponents and went to the locker room. From there, Bergeron went right to Massachusetts General Hospital, where a puncture was found in the lung. "I kind of had trouble breathing a little bit," he said. "I felt like my chest was closing in on me so the doctors didnt want to take any chances. Theres an X-ray machine (in the locker room), but they couldnt tell, really. It wasnt clear enough for them. They wanted to make sure and, luckily enough, they made the right decision because I went there right away and they found out that my lung had collapsed." General manager Peter Chiarelli said he thought the lung was punctured after the game. "If it had happened during the game, he would have felt the pain and then he wouldnt have been able to play," Chiarelli said last week. At the hospital, a tube was put in his left side for a few days to remove air from the area where the lung collapsed and make sure it stayed inflated, Bergeron said. Some teammates visited him there on Wednesday, the day he was released. "It was actually nice to see a bunch of guys and be able to talk a little bit," he said. While he recovers, he hopes to get an extension of his three-year contract that runs through next season. Bergeron tied for the team lead with nine playoff goals and had 15 points. He led the NHL in winning faceoffs, and he won the Selke Trophy as the leagues top defensive forward the previous season. So hes "very confident" hell get an extension. "It would mean a lot," Bergeron said. "Its a team that believed in me when I was 18 and when I was coming up and now, like I said before, its my home. I feel like it is, and I love the city. I love the people, definitely love the organization." Hed love another Stanley Cup. Thats why he played through the pain. "Theres no regrets on my part," he said. "I did whatever I couldve done to help my team and try to be there for our biggest game of the year." Custom Yankees Jersey China . And rest hardly led to rust for the two-time defending NBA champions. Mike Tauchman Jersey . Asdrubal Cabrera had four hits and three RBIs, Michael Brantley also homered and the Indians beat the injury-riddled Minnesota Twins 9-4 Thursday for their first three-game winning streak this season. http://www.customyankeesjersey.com/custom-andy-pettitte-jersey-large-684i.html . Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema scored two goals each Wednesday night in a 6-1 rout of Schalke in the first leg of their second-round matchup. "We played a very, very good match," Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said. "We got well into the match, scored two early goals and that opened the game and left us able to counter and to use the speed of our players.Mexico, Croatia battle for place in knockout round (Live on TSN Radio 1050, TSN Radio 690, TEAM Radio 1410 at 4pm et/1pm pt) Mexico has reached the knockout round in each of the past five World Cups, and El Tri can extend that streak to six with a win or draw against Croatia at the Arena Pernambuco today in the final day of Group A play. Both teams beat Cameroon, but Mexicos 0-0 draw against Brazil is the difference between the sides, as Croatia fell 3-1 to the hosts in the opening match of the tournament. Much of the credit for Mexico getting a point against Brazil goes to goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa, who produced a number of fine stops to keep his team in the match. "Sometimes its our turn to catch the eye and other times its someone elses," Ochoa said following the game with Brazil. "Of course Id like to have less to do, but in my position youve got to be constantly alert, whether youre needed just once or loads of times. And thats what Ill keep training for." Ochoa made a pair of big saves to deny Neymar, while he reacted well in the final minutes to keep out a point-blank header from Thiago Silva. "He saved us today," Mexican winger Andres Guardado said of Ochoa. "Sometimes we had the feeling that, however many times theey went for goal, he wasnt going to let anything get past him. Babe Ruth Jersey. " Ochoa will hope to be a bit less active on Monday, although Croatia enters the match full of confidence having handed Cameroon a 4-0 defeat last time out. After missing top forward Mario Mandzukic against Brazil because of suspension, the Bayern Munich forward returned to the fold against the African side and netted a pair of goals in the second half. Croatia was unlucky to lose 3-1 to Brazil in the opener as a questionable penalty decision handed the home side a 2-1 lead in the second half before Oscar scored a goal in stoppage time to cap the win. Unlike Mexico, Croatia must win Mondays game in order to advance to the round of 16 for the first time since 1998, and head coach Niko Kovac is expecting a great atmosphere. "The match against Mexico will be like a final," Kovac told Croatian television station HTV. "We have to get some rest, because a serious opponent awaits. Mexico are strong, but so are we. The Mexico players are very patriotic, just like us, and they have a great team spirit. They play some aggressive football with a lot of pressing. They are strong going forward, but also have some weaknesses in defense, like Brazil showed us." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz