Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 31 mal aufgerufen
 Veranstaltungen
sakura698 Offline

16.01.2020 04:24
ound of a shot by Johnny Boychuck at Antworten

Yu Darvishs recent no-hit bid now officially ended in the seventh inning, not the ninth. Air Force 1 Alte Qs . Major League Baseball overturned a disputed scoring decision from Friday nights game between the Texas Rangers and Red Sox. Acting on an appeal by Boston slugger David Ortiz, MLB changed an error in the seventh to a single on a high fly that dropped untouched between fielders. Ortiz said Wednesday that he wouldnt have appealed the play if it had been a no-hitter. Darvish had a perfect-game bid going until the ruling that attracted attention all across the majors. With Darvishs no-hit bid intact, Ortiz grounded a two-out single in the ninth inning. "I complain about (it) because it was going to be a second hit, but that was going to be the only hit of the game, I wouldnt bring it up," Ortiz said. The pitcher wasnt concerned about the change. "We won that game," Darvish said through a translator. "Whether it was a one-hitter or two-hitter, we won the game. Thats something that happened in the past. The only thing I care about is the win." MLB confirmed the scoring change Wednesday. But, as is routine on the numerous scoring appeals each week, the league didnt provide an explanation for the reversal. Veteran outfielder Alex Rios and 20-year-old second baseman Rougned Odour, playing his second major league game, both were in position to catch the popup in the seventh. Instead, Rios suddenly slowed and Odor made a late lunge. The ball fell to the ground untouched between them. "Of course it was an error," Texas manager Ron Washington said. "Its an error. Its an out. Its not a ball that somebody (dived) for and missed. Thats an out. It was misplayed so its an out." Ortiz obviously felt differently about the decision. "Its a play that everybody knows once they saw it," he said. "The whole controversy started when they figured he was about to pitch a no-hitter. Its not the first time weve seen that play." Red Sox manager John Farrell sided with his player. "I thought it was a hit in the moment and upon further review obviously they change it, so in the end I think the right call has been made," he said. Official scorer Steve Weller, in his 20th season working MLB games, charged Rios with an error. While that ended a perfect game, Darvishs no-hit bid was still intact. Weller made a judgment call that Rios, with normal effort, could have made a routine catch. "I dont think theres a lot of argument about that," Weller told a pool reporter after the game. Even Ortiz acknowledged that the ball should have been caught. Rios also didnt dispute the error. Weller watched numerous replays and conferred with Elias Sports Bureau, the sports longtime record-keeper. He cited MLB rules that a ball doesnt have to be touched to be an error. If a fly ball drops to the ground, the official scorer can charge an error if, in his judgment, the outfielder "making ordinary effort would have caught" it. Once Ortiz got the single in the ninth, the slugger decided to appeal the play in the seventh. Darvish, who had his scheduled start on Wednesday pushed back to Friday, even joked about the incident. "If that error, or the error that became a hit in the seventh inning, if that would have been decided a hit during the game I would probably have to pitch today," he said. "So it would probably help my career not to throw that many pitches if it had been decided during the game." He then jokingly thanked Big Papi. "I wanted to appreciate Ortiz," he said with a laugh. Air Force 1 Outlet . The Canucks figured to be active prior to Wednesdays trade deadline, getting a jump on things the previous day when they dealt goaltender Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for netminder Jacob Markstrom and forward Shawn Matthias. Air Force 1 Mid Nere . He managed to save par, and went on to put together his best opening round of the year. Calcavecchia and Wes Short Jr. http://www.airforce1outletitalia.it/scontate-air-force-1-sp.html . -- Chris Tillman paid no attention to the Baltimore bullpen as it started to stir in the ninth inning.ST. LOUIS -- T.J. Oshie thought he got a bit lucky, but it helped the St. Louis Blues beat the Boston Bruins. Oshie scored 3:29 into overtime, jamming the puck in from the side of the net as the Blues won 3-2 on Thursday night. "It was a pretty lucky bounce," Oshie said. "It hit off me and went straight toward the net and I just started whacking and poked it in there. Well take the point for sure." Boston goalie Tuukka Rask didnt have much a chance on Oshies unassisted goal. "It hit Oshies skate and it hit the back of the net and it was on his stick and then he backed it off my pad I guess," Rask said. "What are you going to do?" It was the third straight home game that went to overtime for the Blues. Alexander Steen and Jaden Schwartz also scored for St. Louis, which blew a 2-0 lead in the third period as Boston scored in a span of just over 2 minutes. St. Louis also blew a two-goal lead Tuesday in a shootout loss to Ottawa. Boston had won in its last three trips to St. Louis, and this was the first Blues home win against the Bruins since Oct. 6, 2006, in a shootout. The last regulation win at home against Boston came on Dec. 18, 1999. "I think when you play Boston, I think its a great evaluator," St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock said. "It gives you a real good read on your competitive level. It gives you a great read on your execution under pressure." David Krejci and Brad Marchand scored for the Bruins. Steen gave the Blues a 1-0 lead with his 28th goal when he ripped a slap shot from the top of the right circle to beat Rask at 15:48 of the first period. Jaden Schwartz fed the puck to Steen, who has eight points in his last nine games. Schwartz made it 2-0 when he snapped a wrist shot from the left circle at 3:32 of the second period. Air Force 1 Mid Just Do It. . The shot by Schwartz grazed the left shoulder of Rusk, who was screened by Kevan Miller. It was the 18th goal by Schwartz. St. Louis Jaroslav Halak stopped 24 shots in the first two periods before allowing two on the first seven shots in the third. "Our most competitive player tonight was our goalie," Hitchcock said. "I mean, the goalie was outstanding. He helped us a lot." Krejci scored for Boston on a wrist shot from the top of the slot at 9:16, and Marchand then scored on a rebound of a shot by Johnny Boychuck at 11:24. "I dont think I could have done anything different about those two," Halak said. "I think we responded the right way after they scored. We skated hard. We battled hard." The Blues went 0-for-3 on the power play, and are now 0-for-12 in the last three games. Boston is 7-2-1 in its last 10 games, and the Bruins dropped their first on the road in their last six games. "I thought our team played extremely well and probably deserved better," Boston coach Claude Julien said. "It was an unfortunate bounce to lose that game in overtime, but still a great effort from our team." NOTES: Hall of Fame inductee and former St. Louis Rams player Aeneas Williams dropped the ceremonial first puck. ... Boston captain Zdeno Chara was not at the game. He has left for the Olympics, where he is to carry Slovakias flag in the opening ceremonies. Defenceman David Warsofsky took his place in the lineup. ... Blues F Vladimir Sobotak (knee) and F Vladimir Tarasenko (flu) did not play. ... Boston D Adam McQuaid (lower body) did not play. ... Blues F Brenden Morrow played his 900th career game. He is the 47th active player to accomplish the feat. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz