Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Veranstaltungen
sakura698 Offline

14.01.2020 06:18
as dropped two of its last Antworten

LAKE LOUISE, Alta. Gary Lewis Jersey . - Norways Kjetil Jansrud claimed the first mens World Cup downhill of the season and Canadas Manny Osborne-Paradis returned to the podium Saturday in Lake Louise, Alta.Jansruds victory was his first at the Alberta ski resort west of Calgary. Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., tied for second with Guillermo Fayed of France for the Canadians first World Cup medal since 2010.It feels really good, Osborne-Paradis said. I was nervous today because I knew I could be on the podium. This was the best chance Ive had in a long time.Jansrud conquered the 3,133-metre course in one minute 50.20 seconds. Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., and Fayed posted identical times of 1:50.34.Jansrud won gold in super-G and bronze in downhill at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, in February. His countryman Aksel Lund Svindal has dominated at Lake Louise with three straight super-G wins plus a downhill victory two years ago. But Svindal tore his Achilles tendon playing soccer last month and could be out for the season.Jansrud, 29, ensured the Norwegian anthem played again at Lake Louise.Lake Louise is not one of our toughest hills, but its real tough to ski fast, the Norwegian said. Its not really forgiving to ski on. If you stay on your edge for half-a-metre too long and then youre gone. It was tough skiing. Its not easy.Its like skiing on a wooden floor. Smooth, but that also makes it hard to be fast because you know its going to be the same for everybody. Its tough, but for me, it worked out nice.The men race a super-G on Sunday before heading to the World Cups next stop in Beaver Creek, Colo.I will not be celebrating because we have the super-G tomorrow, Osborne-Paradis said. Bummer.Saturdays race was held in clear, cold conditions with a temperature of minus-24.Jansrud and Osborne-Paradis were first and second respectively in Wednesdays training run. The next two training sessions were cancelled because 50 centimetres of snow fell on the mountain parks in 48 hours.I think it probably helped with having only one training run, Osborne-Paradis said. Guys were dealing with, probably dealing with, confidence issues. I cant totally speak for them.For myself, when I dont have a great training run, it is a different mental state you have to be in to push it (in the race) when you only have one.Fayed turned 29 on Friday and his belated birthday present was the first World Cup medal of his career.I was very surprised when I saw my time, the Frenchman said. I did a very good run, but you never know if you are fast or not.Because we had just one training, I was very good physically. Not tired.Lake Louise is the lone Canadian stop on the World Cup alpine ski circuit. Osborne-Paradiss silver medal Saturday was Canadas first there since he won super-G in 2009.Osborne-Paradis was also second in the Lake Louise downhill in 2006 for his first career World Cup medal. But he didnt race for almost two years after he broke his leg and tore a ligament on Jan. 29, 2011.One race, first race of the season, Im going to try and get on the podium at every race so it just helps, the 30-year-old said. So far were one-for-one.Osborne-Paradis lives in Invermere, B.C., which is 146 kilometres southwest of Lake Louise. He married Lana McIntosh on Sept. 20.From the prize purse of CDN$118,000 for Saturdays race, Jansrud earned $35,000 for the win. Osborne-Paradis and Fayed each picked up $23,000 as runners-up.Calgarys Jan Hudec, an Olympic bronze medallist in super-G, was 19th. Ben Thomsen of Invermere finished 29th, Dustin Cook of Whistler, B.C., placed 36th, Jeffrey Frisch of Mont-Tremblant, Que., was 44th and Morgan Pridy of Whistler came in 54th.Former world downhill champion Erik Guay of Mont-Tremblant did not race Saturday. Canadas most decorated World Cup ski racer with 22 medals has delayed the start of his racing season after a pair of off-season knee surgeries.Hudec was frustrated with his result because he felt strong and fast on his skis. He won the downhill at Lake Louise in 2007.Its not a survival course, but its a look-for-every-minute-detail kind of course, Hudec said.Thats what makes it different from other courses which you can overcome with survival skiing and just attacking it, whereas this, you have to be like cat . . . a sneaky cat. And nobody likes sneaky cats, but thats what youve got to be to be fast here. Bob Dee Jersey . Listen to the Rangers vs. Kings live on TSN Radio starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. You can also stream the post-game press conferences live on TSN. Richard Seymour Jersey .Lets go back to the Avs, who have become one of the funnest teams to watch in this years playoffs. http://www.custompatriotsjersey.com/custom-ken-dorsey-jersey-large-1141f.html . A Swiss Federal Tribunal ruling published Friday said that FIFAs disputes panel and the Court of Arbitration for Sport correctly imposed the sanction for Nantes enticing Guinea forward Ismael Bangoura to break his contract with Dubai club Al Nasr in January 2012.Durham, NC (SportsNetwork.com) - Jahlil Okafor had 28 points and eight rebounds as No. 2 Duke routed Boston College in the ACC opener for both teams on Saturday. Okafor was 7-of-11 from the field and 14-of-17 from the foul line for the Blue Devils (13-0, 1-0 ACC), who have won each of their 13 games by double- digit margins. Quinn Cook tallied 15 points, while Rasheed Sulaimon added 11 points off the bench in the victory. Duke posted its ninth 13-0 start in school history and extended the nations longest home winning streak to 41 games. Olivier Hanlan netted 22 points to lead Boston College (7-5, 0-1), which has dropped two of its last three games on the heels of a four-game winning streak. I thought we became undisciplined at the games biggest moments, Eagles coach Jim Christian said. Bostonn College stayed within striking distance over the first 13 minutes as a Patrick Heckmann layup pulled it within 25-20. Sam Cunningham Jersey. Duke, though, ripped off the next 13 points to pull away. Okafor netted six straight points before Sulaimon capped the surge with a layup for a 38-20 Blue Devils advantage. I thought our defense the last 8-10 minutes in the first half was unbelievable, Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said. Duke was up 38-22 at the break and led by as many as 24 over the final 20 minutes. Game Notes The Blue Devils have won seven of their last eight ACC openers ... Duke has won 18 of the 20 meetings between the schools, including all eight of its home tilts ... Tyus Jones had just three points on 0-of-5 shooting to go with three assists for Duke. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz